The Ellen MacArthur Foundation’s CE100 membership Programme supports
a wide range of Circular Economy stakeholders to learn, innovate,
and generally collaborate with each other.
EMF had a very common but very broad challenge - getting busy offline members to interact and engage online, as the interaction among members was mostly contained to three physical events a year.
dwyl’s approach involved workshopping pain points directly with the EMF team to narrow down focus onto the key issue of continuous engagement, resulting in a genuinely collaborative solution - a platform for members to share and solve each other’s challenges (in addition to standard features like a directory & intuitive admin interface). This was all built over several engagements based on user feedback, along with two detailed design and technical workshops.
We were delighted to be able to use only open source technologies
like the powerful PostgresQL database, alongside our oft-used stack
of Node.js and Hapi.js.
By taking a highly modular microservices approach to designing the architecture, we were able to ensure that new features could be integrated quickly and easily without impact on existing functionality.
In our latest set of sprints we have been working with EMF on to integrate their asset management API into the application, supporting its development through a series of spikes and incremental integrations.
- Member organisation directory + profiles (including mission statements and key contacts), created and maintained by the members themselves.
- Creation and sharing of challenges with other members, increasing collaboration within the network.
- Ability to add tags to an organisation and its challenges, facilitating search functionality.
- Search and Exploration of challenges shared by other organisations as well as the directory itself
- Administration layer, allowing the EMF team to create new members, adjust their permissions, tie them to specific organisations and upload articles and resources to be shared on the platform.
- Integrated email functionality for registration and password resets.
- Integration with the EMF Asset Management API
- Highly modular architecture, ensuring new features could be added quickly and with minimal risk of impact on existing features.
Sep 2016 - Oct 2016 (Sprint 1 - 2)
Dec 2016 - Jan 2017 (Sprint 3 - 4)*
Feb 2017 - Feb 2017 (Sprint 5)*
May 2017 - May 2017 (Sprint 6)*
Sep 2017 - Dec 2017 (Sprints 7 - 12)*
* Additional sprints commissioned to build further functionality based on user feedback
System Architect & QA